Easy Fish and Sea Vegetable Soup
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsps dried wakame
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- ½ lb sole fish, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 green onions
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms and wakame in two separate bowls, covered with warm water, for 10-15 minutes, then drain.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin strips.
- Chop green onions into thin pieces.
- Grate ginger
- Melt the coconut oil or ghee in a skillet, fry mushrooms and ginger until fragrant – about 4 minutes. Add pieces of sole to the pan and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in wakame and green onions and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, then serve.
This recipe makes a total of 1.5 qts of soup.
Adapted from Body Ecology recipes.