This soup is wonderful for a chilly fall weather. It is also Metabolic Jumpstart cleanse friendly.
Curried Cabbage & Sweet Potato Soup
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium to large head of purple cabbage, chopped
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups sweet potato, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- SAUTÉ THE VEGETABLES.
- In a large stock pot, add coconut oil. Add celery and onion. Allow it to cook down for 3 to 5 minutes. Next add the cabbage and garlic, and sauté for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- COOK THE SOUP.
- Next, add the chopped sweet potato, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry, thyme, and cayenne (optional).
- Put the heat on medium, and allow the soup to cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.