Can I Balance Thyroid Naturally, Without Deprivation or Counting Calories?
And the answer is … YES!
Hello, Lovely! I was there, a few years ago, in your shoes. I was newly married, and my husband and I decided to start a family. That is when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hypothyroid, other (reproductive) hormonal imbalances. I was devastated as I quickly learned that these diagnoses put me at higher risk for infertility, miscarriage, pre-term delivery, neurodevelopment disorders in babies. I was being told I will be sick, on medication, for the rest of my life.
I refused to accept that as the only answer and started researching.
What I found changed everything. What I found was that what I eat and how I take care of myself can make a huge difference. So I changed my diet and my lifestyle (more on this here).
I Put Hashimoto’s In Remission In Only 6 Months.
I then successfully conceived and birthed a healthy baby boy. I never thought diet and lifestyle change would work for me, but then again – it did.
My success and experience inspired me to study at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition so I can share what I learned with others.
I’m an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Thyroid Wellness Specialist with Master’s in Psychology. In combining 12 years in counseling with a passion for the holistic lifestyle, my mission is to educate and support women with thyroid disorders in making better choices when it comes to food, exercise, self-care and relationships. I help women them attract their ideal weight, more energy and joy, so they can rediscover their best self.
Maybe Your Story Sounds Like Mine
and like many other women’s struggle. Can you relate to my experience?
- Diagnosed and prescribed a pill for the rest of my life but refuse to accept that as the only answer?
- Researching alternative holistic methods of healing thyroid imbalance, but OVERWHELMED from the abundance of (sometimes contradictory) information. Should I quit gluten? Should I go Paleo? Will I ever eat yummy foods again? Which supplements should I take? With so many “outlawed” foods, what’s there left to eat?
- Afraid will have to eat boring, “cardboard” food to get healthy
- Need someone in their life who has experience, success and research supported information
- Tried many diets to lose extra pounds but nothing is working. Just keep on gaining weight!
- Too exhausted to socialize in the evenings. No energy to spend time with the family.
- Depressed moods and not sure why
The New Me
I was always worried about my weight and conscious about my body. Not anymore, because I got to know my body and what works for it. Because I learned to love it no matter what. And even if I “fall off the wagon”, I know I can always go back. Because I know that given the right tools, my body will spring back into balance. And so today:
- I feel light and love my body again
- I confidently chose foods that are right for my unique body
- I’m full of energy and vitality, and love playing with and chasing my toddler boy without feeling run down.
- My thinking is clearer, no more brain fog!
- I can wear my jeans from 10 years ago
- I’m saving hundreds $$$ by not needing those shakes, pills, medications, and multiple doctors
This is my life now – and yes, it is all very possible!
Remission IS Possible
At one point in time I ended up at an endocrinologist office (conventional doctor specializing in hormone health). When I told her that my Hashimoto’s thyroiditis was in remission, she said: “This is impossible”. She did not believe me. So I showed her my labs. She had no choice but believe me then.
Here is my “BEFORE” – lab results at the start of my journey (click to enlarge):
And my “AFTER” – labs results 6 months later (click to enlarge). As you can see, the antibodies are either non-detectable, or in the normal range.
Since I began my journey, I’ve encountered many success stories about putting thyroid imbalance and autoimmune condition in remissions. So don’t let anyone doubt your body’s ability to re-balance itself!
Sometimes people ask me, “What’s a health Coach”?
If Nutritionist & Life Coach Had A Baby
The baby would be a health coach! 🙂
As a health coach, I support women like you find foods that are right for their unique body. I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
My approach is not to dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. It is not to create lists of restrictions or good and bad foods. Instead, I work with my clients to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun and rewarding.
How Would You Feel If You Could
Women come to me when they need support with attracting their ideal weight, more energy and more joy. When we work together they find themselves with:
- increased confidence and love for themselves
- finally losing that stubborn extra weight
- better sleep and energy through the roof
- feeling sexier and more alive than ever
- getting their hormones and thyroid in balance
- lasting lifestyle change, filled with tasty whole foods and freedom from toxins
I strongly believe
- Our body can heal itself given the right love / foods
- We must put ourselves first to thrive in this life and to share our gifts with others
- Healthy eating and living is a powerful medicine
- Our minds and our thoughts create our reality
- We are spiritual beings living in a physical world
If you resonate with me, then we will get along just fine! Drop me a note and schedule a complimentary 20-minute “Get To Know You” session!
You Are In The Right Hands
I received my health coaching training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
I have earned a Masters Degree in Counseling from Loyola University Chicago. As a Clinical Professional Counselor I combine my background in counseling psychology with my passion for holistic lifestyle during my coaching work with women.
“Hey, Did You Misspell “My Health Beet”?
The Beet idea came from my hubby Gil who loves to play around with words. Gil’s last name Burak means “beet” in Russian. I am Russian (he is not!). Hence the My Heath Beet name was born.
Up-Close & Personal
Here is what you can find me doing when I’m not supporting other women: Exploring San Diego’s nature with my hubby and toddler. Dancing salsa with friends. Getting my toes wet in the homeschooling world. Volunteering for international community TRIBE de MAMA. Reading my favorite books, some of which are:
- The Hormone Cure by Sara Gottfried, MD
- The Root Cause of Hashimotos by Isabella Went
- Anything by Wayne Dyer
- Mind over Medicine by Lissa Rankin